We are just days away from the 2012 McAfee SecurityAlliance Partner Summit. And, like me, I am sure many of you will begin your travels to Las Vegas this weekend. Here are 10 things you need to know before you go:
1. Go Mobile – From filling out event surveys to participating in real-time polling questions, you’ll want to be mobile-ready for the 2012 McAfee Partner Summit. So don’t forget your charger and make sure all the necessary apps are loaded on your mobile device. For those traveling outside the US you’ll want to make sure you are familiar with the WiFi features of your mobile device. We will have WiFi connectivity in all the rooms to make sure you don’t miss out on the mobile experience. For our North American partners, I’d recommend downloading the new McAfee Partner app from your app store. Not only does it have the complete Partner Summit agenda, but it also provides access to relevant partner information for North America.
2. QR Codes – To simplify your mobile web surfing/navigation, we are using QR Codes, which allow you to scan a code onsite and be taken directly to the content and/or web site. If you don’t have a QR Code reader on your mobile device, download one of these suggested readers from your app store or via these links Kaywa / i-nigma / RedLaser
3. Ask the CIO Panel Questions via Twitter– If you haven’t already you’ll want to setup your Twitter account on your mobile device. It is not everyday you get to ask a panel of CIOs questions, but Wednesday, Oct. 24, from 4:00-5:00PM, you’ll get your chance via Twitter. Simply hash tag your question #MFEPS12.
4. Real-Time Polling – Gavin Struthers’ Q&A session with Mike DeCesare will use real-time polling. Have your mobile device ready to scan the QR Code or simply enter the URL and be ready to cast your vote.
5. Be More Social – Social media is a great way to stay connected and informed. For McAfee news and information updates follow McAfeeChannels on Twitter. The first 500 followers get a $5 Starbucks gift card, which could come in handy during your stay. For more detailed McAfee channel information check out the McAfee Channel blog. And, to join the Partner Summit conversation be sure to hash tag your tweets #MFEPS12.
6. Personalized Partner Summit Schedule – By logging into My Events (using your registration ID and password) and clicking on My Schedule you can create a personalized agenda that can be easily loaded to your Outlook calendar.
7. Billy Idol Concert @ Hard Rock – Shuttles will depart from the Venetian/Palazzo starting at 7:30PM. Badges are required for entrance.
8. Partner Business Sessions – New this year, we have created dedicated Partner Business Sessions. Many of these feature outside speakers as they are designed to help you strengthen your business. These sessions are open to all Partner Summit attendees on a first come, first served basis. So get there early. Please note, these sessions are in Palazzo A on 5th Floor (not on the 4th Floor with the other FOCUS 12 breakout sessions). The Partner Business Sessions are:
- Building a Successful MSP Practice (guest speaker, Paul Dippell,CEO Service Leadership)
- How to Sell: A Layered Approach to Network and Database Security
- Marketing Best Practices To Accelerate Sales (guest speaker, Heather Margolis, President Channel Maven Consulting)
- Understanding Today’s CIO (moderated by Joe Panettieri, founder of Nine Lives Media)
9. @ Registration – As a Partner Summit attendee you will get two key items:
- Your TAO wristband, you cannot get in without a wristband.
- A customized Partner Summit agenda telling you where to be and when. But there’s more…this agenda also serves as your ticket to our two Ultrabook giveaways. Yes, two lucky Partner Summit attendees will be going home with a brand new ASUS ZENBOOK. Your Partner Summit agenda is your ticket to win.
10. Ask Me? Team – If you have a question while at the event look for someone with a pink Ask Me? ribbon on their badge or go to the Partner Summit information table. Information tables will be located outside Palazzo A, on Wednesday, and Palazzo B-D, on Thursday.
Looking forward to seeing you all in Las Vegas. Safe Travels.