As discussed during our Q2 global Town Hall on May 3, (on-demand replay) strengthening partner relevance underpins everything we are doing. From our leadership with Intel to transform the security market with innovative technology, like DeepDefender to our continuous commitment to drive channel partner profitability with the industry’s richest deal registration program, Enhanced Deal Registration. We are on a quest to be your most relevant vendor. As Mike DeCesare, McAfee Co-President pointed out on the call, our goal is to represent more than 10% of your business, with half of the opportunities generated by your efforts and half generated by McAfee. We recognize to achieve this goal we have to be laser-focused on your business, putting partner relevance at the center of all our efforts.
Q1 Highlights – Tremendous Momentum Underway
Q1 was the best quarter in the company’s history. Thanks for making me look good in my first quarter in the new role. We achieved balanced growth across all theaters and all segments. In fact, several areas of the business came in ahead of plan, including – Network Security, Application and Change Control and Enterprise Security Manager (fueled by our NitroSecurity SIEM business.)
We’ve also received various industry accolades in Q1, that validate our momentum, including:
- SC Magazine — Best Global Security Company of the Year
- CRN — Top 20 Coolest Cloud Security Vendors
- CRN — 5-Star Partner Program
The Database Security Market: A Greenfield Growth Opportunity
Mike Fey, our SVP of Advanced Technologies and Field Engineering, pointed out in our Tech Chat that database security will double to a $1.2B market by 2013. Combine that with the fact that more than 90% of all data breaches involve a database, and it is easy to see that together we have a massive opportunity to protect our mutual-customers. We want to help you build or strengthen your database security practice. To build a practice step 1 is to get Risk & Compliance certified by logging into our Partner Portal and going to our new Partner Learning Center. To strengthen your practice I highly recommend checking out our database security sales play, which you can access by logging into our Sales and Marketing Portal. And be on the look out for a database security ACE in July.
Key Priorities for Q2: Build Your Expertise, Amplify Your Value
Become a trusted advisor to your customers by building your expertise and amplifying your value through these resources:
- VSKO – Take advantage of these online sales resources to grow your product and sales expertise. Complete a Sales Play and learn how to sell more while demonstrating value.
- Accredited Channel Engineer Program (ACEs) – Our data shows that, together, we have won business deals about 90% of the time when ACE Proof-of-Concepts (POCs) have been completed. Over 200 POCs were completed or in progress by our partners in Q1. Our goal is to continue to have partners deliver more POC’s without the help of a McAfee SE.
- Capture the SMB Opportunity – SMB represents a significant growth opportunity (nearly $7.5 billion by 2015). To help motivate you to go after that SMB market, we are doubling the rewards points in our SMB program, under TSB, TSA, and STP suites.
- Win Great Prizes with the Rewards Extravaganza – Every deal you book in the Commercial and SMB segments makes you eligible for great prizes, including our grand prize drawings in Q3–$20,000 SMB Extravaganza and $25,000 for Commercial Extravaganza.
Finally, our Partner Summit will take place October 23-25 in Las Vegas. More details to follow, but please save the date, as I look forward to seeing you there in person.