Guest blogger Larry Ponemon, founder of the Ponemon Institute
Sponsored by McAfee, the Best Practices in Data Protection survey is our latest effort to find out what separates the best organizations from the rest. We believe this study is important because it provides insights on how organizations can be more successful when investing in and building a data protection program. The study’s findings reveal that the following are the five key success factors in a data protection program:
- A formal data protection strategy for the organization and metrics to determine if the strategy is effective.
- Key metrics from a management console and observation and regular testing of data protection solutions.
- Data protection technology features that focus on privileged users, restriction of access and outbound communications are considered critical.
- Centralized management of the data protection program with such features as actionable information, policy administration, reporting, automatic securing of endpoints and monitoring.
- Automated policies for detection and prevention of end-user misuse of information assets.
I hope you will join me in a webinar on Wednesday, November 2 at 11am PT to learn what your peers are doing to build a successful data protection program. Also, you can get both the Executive Summary and full research report from the McAfee website.