It’s time again for one of the biggest consumer electronics shows of the year. This week, hundreds of companies will be showcasing the latest mobile, wearable and digital technologies at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2014 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
With the deluge of smart devices on the market today, understanding how to keep your information safe online is more important than ever. If you are at the show, be sure to drop by and see McAfee at the Intel booth #7252 in the Central Hall South to get the most up-to-date security options for your favorite devices and learn about what’s in store for the year ahead.
During CES, @McAfeeConsumer will be running a trivia contest on Twitter. Daily winners will receive a McAfee prize pack, which includes a 1-year subscription to McAfee LiveSafe™ service, a lined McAfee shopping bag, a McAfee mouse, a McAfee LiveSafe pen and a McAfee phone wipe. All you have to do is put your thinking caps on and correctly answer the daily trivia questions posted on @McAfeeConsumer throughout the show.
Follow the directions below for a chance to win big!
McAfee CES Trivia Contest Terms and Conditions
1. How to enter: No purchase necessary. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. The McAfee CES Trivia Contest (the “Contest”) will have three (3) drawing periods during which time all entries must be received. Pacific Time shall control for all purposes of this Contest. Nine (9) winners will be chosen, three (3) for each drawing period. Drawing periods are as follows:
- Drawing 1: Wednesday, January 8th 8:00 AM PT through 6:00 PM PT
- Drawing 2: Thursday, January 9th 8:00 AM PT through 6:00 PM PT
- Drawing 3: Friday, January 10th 8:00 AM PT through 6:00 PM PT
During each Drawing period, go to the McAfeeConsumer page on Twitter and do the following steps.
- Find one of the three (3) trivia questions of the day, which will include the hashtags: #CES2014 and #CESTrivia.
- Answer one or all of the Trivia questions of the day correctly. Answer tweet must include both the #CES2014 and #CESTrivia hashtags.
Look for the trivia tweets daily starting at 8am PT. Incorrect answers or those that do not contain the hashtags #CES2014 and #CESTrivia will not be considered.
Trivia contest tweets will be announced three times per day starting at 8am PT during the drawing period on the @McAfeeConsumer feed featuring the #CESTrivia and #CES2014 hashtags. Each answer must include the #CESTrivia and #CES2014 hashtags to be eligible to win, and winners will be chosen randomly at the end of each day from those who correctly answered the trivia and entered correctly. (after 5pm PT). No other method of entry will be accepted besides Twitter. Entries from one Drawing are not carried over to a later Drawing (you must enter each Drawing separately).
Only one eligible tweet per person, per Drawing.
2. Eligibility: The contest is open globally to those who are 18 years of age or older on the date the contest begins and live in a jurisdiction where this prize contest and drawing are not prohibited.. Employees of McAfee and its subsidiaries, affiliates, prize suppliers, and advertising and promotional agencies, their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses), and individuals living in the same household as such employees are ineligible. A winner of one Drawing is eligible to enter in the subsequent Drawings.
3. Winner Selection: Three (3) winners for each Drawing will be selected at random from all eligible correct answers received during a Drawing’s entry period. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Contest Rules and the decisions of the coordinators, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible retweets received.
Winner Notification: Each drawing winner will be notified via direct message on Twitter.com at the end of each drawing period. Prize winners will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (where permitted by law) to be returned within ten (10) days of written notification, or prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. If a prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to a potential winner, if potential winner cannot be reached within four (4) calendar days from the first notification attempt, or if potential winner fails to return requisite document within the specified time period, or if a potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, then such person shall be disqualified and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, an alternate winner may be selected for the prize at issue based on the winner selection process described above.
4. Prizes: The prize for each Drawing is a McAfee prize pack, which includes a 1-year subscription to McAfee LiveSafe™ service, a McAfee lined shopping bag, a McAfee mouse, a McAfee pen and a McAfee phone wipe. (Approximate retail value “ARV” of each prize pack is $120).
Entrants agree that McAfee has the sole right to determine the winners of the drawing and all matters or disputes arising from the drawing and that its determination is final and binding. There are no prize substitutions, transfers or cash equivalents permitted except at the sole discretion of McAfee.
Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. Sponsor is not responsible for delays in prize delivery beyond its control. All other expenses and items not specifically mentioned in these Official Rules are not included and are the prize winners’ sole responsibility. ARV of the prize may be subject to market fluctuation. In the event the stated ARV of a prize is more than the actual retail value of the prize at the time of award, the difference will not be awarded in cash or otherwise.
5. General conditions: Entrants agree that by entering they agree to be bound by these rules. All federal, state, and local taxes, fees, and surcharges on prize packages are the sole responsibility of the prizewinner.
Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, or by any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of the Contest entries. By entering, participants release and hold harmless McAfee and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, attorneys, agents, and representatives from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, claim, action, demand, or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the contest, any prize won, any misuse or malfunction of any prize awarded, participation in any contest-related activity, or participation in the contest.
Prize Forfeiture: Each prize will be awarded. If winner cannot be notified, does not respond to notification, does not meet eligibility requirements, or otherwise does not comply with these prize drawing rules, then the winner will forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be selected from remaining eligible entry forms for each Drawing.
Dispute Resolution: Entrants agree that McAfee has the sole right to determine the winners of the drawing and all matters or disputes arising from the drawing and that its determination is final and binding. There are no prize substitutions, transfers or cash equivalents permitted except at the sole discretion of McAfee.
Governing Law: Each Prize Drawing and these rules will be construed in accordance with the laws, jurisdiction, and venue of New York.