Gavin Struthers is Senior Vice President of Worldwide Channel Operations at McAfee. In this role he is responsible for ...
With half the year still ahead of us I am convinced now more than ever that we are poised for accelerated growth in our joint business and especially in the Commercial (Mid-Market) and SMB markets. In order to accelerate growth, we know we must drive mutual profitability. Yesterday we made a huge leap forward, setting a new profitability standard in the security industry with the unveiling of our McAfee Profitability Stack. Built on partner feedback, the Stack is a collection of our best programs from around the world integrated into a comprehensive and rich global offering.
“The Stack” includes six essential building blocks that work together to optimize your profit opportunity with McAfee.
1. Enhanced Deal Registration: McAfee’s largest single investment in partner profitability, offering deal protection as well as up to 25% of additional margin for partners who secure incremental new business. In addition, we have added five more products to our SMB Deal Registration program.
2. Incumbency Advantage: Provides incumbent partners with up to 5% of additional margin on the first renewal to help them build loyalty through customer retention and to provide competitive advantage when renewing.
3. Rebates: Now you can track your earnings potential through a weekly rebate tracking report. And, the ACE Incentive Rebate is now globally available, allowing eligible partners to earn up to a 4% rebate on the MSRP value of the opportunity.
4. Rewards: Allows partners to earn cash and prizes for selling McAfee. Enhancements include: $25,000 in quarterly SMB End Point “Top Performer” payouts; $35,000 in Commercial End Point “Top Performer” payout. And, in the Commercial market, we are extending our McAfee Rewards $1 per node offer on select products for the remainder of 2012.
5. Teaming Plan: Rewards you with deal protection and 5% additional margin for helping to work and close McAfee-founded opportunities. Enhancements include the removal of a Teaming Plan threshold to drive additional growth in the commercial market.
6. Tiered Pricing: Recognizes and rewards our Elite and Premier Partners’ investment in McAfee. And, as a result, they earn pricing advantages based on their McAfee SecurityAlliance program level. Our new automated pricing process allows distributors to make tiered pricing available to authorized resellers.
If you are sales minded like I am, you are already trying to figure out how this can help you close more deals. Allow me to introduce you to the McAfee Profitability Stack Calculator, which shows how much you can earn when selling McAfee security solutions. This is a must see!
Finally, this is just one of many things we are doing to highlight how we continue to invest in, grow with and optimize for you. To keep up dated on the latest McAfee channel programs and initiatives, please attend our Quarterly Global Channel Partner Town Hall on Thursday, July 26, at 8AM (PST).