Dear Valued McAfee Channel Partner,
As I take a moment to pause and reflect on 2011 I can’t help but think what a year! The past 12 months were filled with momentous occasions and while I’d like to write about all of them, I know it isn’t practical, so let me highlight a few:
- Intel Completes Acquisition of McAfee — No one is better positioned to explain why Intel acquired McAfee than the orchestrator of the deal, Renee James, who did just that at our 2011 Partner Summit in Las Vegas.
- Largest Partner Profitability Investment in McAfee History — Looking for a signal that Intel is supportive of our channel? Look no further than our Enhanced Deal Registration, whereby we offer deal protection and up to 25% in additional margin, that’s on top of your standard channels discount.
- McAfee Makes CRN’s Top 25 Companies to Partner With List — With more than 200 companies jockeying to make this coveted list we were honored that you, our channel partners, selected us based on three critical partnering elements; customer demand, partner relevance and technology strength. Thank you!
- McAfee Announces New Co-Presidents — I would be remiss if I let 2011 pass without thanking David DeWalt for his great leadership. But, as McAfee enters its next phase of growth, which will be driven by operational excellence, we couldn’t ask for better leaders and channel advocates, than Mike DeCesare and Todd Gebhart
- ACE (Accredited Channel Engineers) — ACE is our new, globally available pre-sales certification for individuals that takes internal SE training best practices and makes it available to our partners to drive the “technical win.”
- Accelerating SMB Revenue Opportunity with Channel Partners — Thanks to our single-source for all your SMB information, PARC (Partner Acceleration Resource Center): we can now offer you a way to differentiate with our SMB Specialization; a quick and easy way to find the right solution, with our Solution Advisor; we can deliver a stronger value proposition with our SMB Deal Registration; and we can help you reward your sales representatives with our SMB Extravaganza.
The current pace of change is unlike anything I have ever experienced. We realize that foundational to our success is our ability to help you adapt and capitalize on the rapidly changing security market. This means we must also adapt and evolve our channel strategy from one that centers on building to one that focuses on investing in you, growing with you and optimizing for you. These three pillars form the foundation of our 2012 channel strategy to drive mutual profitability. If it isn’t focused on driving mutual profitability in 2012 we aren’t going to do it.
On behalf of the entire McAfee Worldwide Channels Organization I want to thank you for your hard work and continued partnership with McAfee. May you and your families have a wonderful holiday season and here’s to a happy, healthy and prosperous 2012.