At CES, last month in Las Vegas, Intel announced plans to offer elements of McAfee® Mobile Security for free. Since last year, we have had a free mobile security solution for Android users, and today we’re pleased to announce the availability of a new update to our free mobile protection.
We’ve significantly enhanced McAfee Mobile Security, adding features to ensure that our mobile security offering is now the most comprehensive free solution on the market—across both Android and iOS platforms.
- Intel Device Protection Technology. Built into the Android OS on Intel devices, this works to proactively block malware delivered through malicious apps and websites, while also conserving battery power.
- Privacy. Deep app inspection provides a thorough crosscheck of all of your apps and informs of potential privacy violations. PIN protect your apps and create up to three user profiles.
- Wi-Fi Protection. Alerts of non-secured Wi-Fi connections and automatically disconnects the device if it detects someone is attempting to hack into your connection in order to send your emails, keystrokes and other information to a separate server, known as ARP spoofing.
- Web Protection. Blocks users from visiting or opening phishing sites and browser exploits in texts (SMS) and multi-media messages, emails, QR codes and social networking posts.
- CaptureCam. Takes a picture and captures your phone’s location when there are multiple incorrect attempts to unlock your device, while your phone is on. Images and location are sent directly to your account.
- Remote Locate, Lock, Wipe and Alarm. In the event your device is lost or stolen, use the remote lock and wipe feature from the McAfee Mobile Security management portal, or via text message from another phone, to ensure that none of your private data falls into the wrong hands.
- Secure Camera and Vault. Keep all your private pictures and video in a vault that can only be accessed with a personal identification number (PIN). Allows you to take pictures and videos and send them directly to your secure vault, without leaving them exposed on your phone.
- Jailbreak Detection. Notifies you immediately when your phone has been jailbroken, which exposes it to threats that Apple may not be able to address.
- Data Backup and Restore. Backup and restore all your contacts in the event your device needs to be replaced.
The reality is that we are all vulnerable to cyberattacks or theft, especially with the advent of features such as the Internet of Things. Working with Intel, McAfee aims to reduce the barriers around security and help make it accessible to as many people as possible. As our world becomes more connected, it’s important that consumers feel safe and secure in their daily mobile communications.
Don’t let your guard down when it comes to your personal data. For many of us, our smartphones and tablets are indispensible—so be sure to install McAfee Mobile Security on your iOS or Android devices to keep them safe.