12 Scams Merry Merry Retweet to Win Contest0
‘Tis the season for holiday shopping, roasting chestnuts over an open fire…and cyber scams? Last month, McAfee released their annual 12 Scams of the Holidays to help consumers navigate the seasonal threat landscape.
Some of the top scams this year included not-so-merry mobile apps, holiday mobile SMS scams, hot holiday gift scams and much more. With the rise in smartphone and tablet use, cybercriminals have tailored their usual bag of nasty tricks to target mobile shoppers.
In the spirit of spreading cheer as well as online safety awareness, McAfee will be running a Retweet To Win contest with our Twitter audience this week. Daily winners will receive a McAfee prize pack, which includes a 1-year subscription to McAfee LiveSafe™ service, a McAfee lined shopping bag, a McAfee mouse and a McAfee phone wipe. All you have to do is retweet the daily contest tweet to enter!
Help us spread the word about safe holiday shopping practices and thwart Cyber Scrooges using seasonal topics to endanger users online. Follow the directions below for a chance to win big!
12 Scams Merry Merry Retweet to Win Contest Terms and Conditions
1. How to enter: No purchase necessary. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. The “12 Scams Merry Merry” Retweet to Win Contest (the “Contest”) will have 5 drawing periods during which time all entries must be received. Pacific Time shall control for all purposes of this Contest. Five (5) winners will be chosen, one for each drawing period. Drawing periods are as follows:
- Drawing 1: Monday, December 16th 8:00 AM PST through 5:00 PM PST
- Drawing 2: Monday, December 17th 8:00 AM PST through 5:00 PM PST
- Drawing 3: Monday, December 18th 8:00 AM PST through 5:00 PM PST
- Drawing 4: Monday, December 19th 8:00 AM PST through 5:00 PM PST
- Drawing 5: Monday, December 20th 8:00 AM PST through 5:00 PM PST
During each Drawing period, go to the McAfee page on Twitter and do the following steps.
- Find the contest tweet of the day, which will include the hashtags: #RT2Win and #12scams.
- Retweet the contest tweet of the day and make sure it includes both the #RT2Win and #12scams hashtags.
Look for the contest tweet daily starting at 8am PST. Retweets of other tweets or those that do not contain the hashtag #12scams and #RT2Win will not be considered.
Eligible contest tweets will be announced daily at 8am PT during the drawing period on the @McAfeeConsumer feed featuring the #RT2Win hashtag. Each retweet must include the #12scams hashtag to be eligible to win, and winners will be chosen at the end of each day (after 5pm PT). No other method of entry will be accepted besides Twitter. Entries from one Drawing are not carried over to a later Drawing (you must enter each Drawing separately).
2. Eligibility: The contest is open globally to those who are 18 years of age or older on the date the contest begins. Employees of McAfee and its subsidiaries, affiliates, prize suppliers, and advertising and promotional agencies, their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses), and individuals living in the same household as such employees are ineligible. A winner of one Drawing is eligible to enter in the subsequent Drawings. Void wherever prohibited by law with no exceptions.
3. Winner Selection: The winner for each Drawing will be selected at random from all eligible retweets received during a Drawing’s entry period. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Contest Rules and the decisions of the coordinators, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible retweets received.
Winner Notification: Each drawing winner will be notified via direct message on Twitter.com at the end of each drawing period. Prize winners will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (where permitted by law) to be returned within ten (10) days of written notification, or prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. If a prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to a potential winner, if potential winner cannot be reached within four (4) calendar days from the first notification attempt, or if potential winner fails to return requisite document within the specified time period, or if a potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, then such person shall be disqualified and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, an alternate winner may be selected for the prize at issue based on the winner selection process described above.
4. Prizes: The prize for each Drawing is a McAfee prize pack, which includes a 1-year subscription to McAfee LiveSafe™ service, a McAfee lined shopping bag, a McAfee mouse and a McAfee phone wipe. (Approximate retail value “ARV” of each prize is $100).
Entrants agree that McAfee has the sole right to determine the winners of the drawing and all matters or disputes arising from the drawing and that its determination is final and binding. There are no prize substitutions, transfers or cash equivalents permitted except at the sole discretion of McAfee.
Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. Sponsor is not responsible for delays in prize delivery beyond its control. All other expenses and items not specifically mentioned in these Official Rules are not included and are the prize winners’ sole responsibility. ARV of the prize may be subject to market fluctuation. In the event the stated ARV of a prize is more than the actual retail value of the prize at the time of award, the difference will not be awarded in cash or otherwise.
5. General conditions: Entrants agree that by entering they agree to be bound by these rules. All federal, state, and local taxes, fees, and surcharges on prize packages are the sole responsibility of the prizewinner.
Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, or by any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of the Contest entries. By entering, participants release and hold harmless McAfee and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, attorneys, agents, and representatives from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, claim, action, demand, or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the contest, any prize won, any misuse or malfunction of any prize awarded, participation in any contest-related activity, or participation in the contest.
Prize Forfeiture: Each prize will be awarded. If winner cannot be notified, does not respond to notification, does not meet eligibility requirements, or otherwise does not comply with these prize drawing rules, then the winner will forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be selected from remaining eligible entry forms for each Drawing.
Dispute Resolution: Entrants agree that McAfee has the sole right to determine the winners of the drawing and all matters or disputes arising from the drawing and that its determination is final and binding. There are no prize substitutions, transfers or cash equivalents permitted except at the sole discretion of McAfee.
Governing Law: Each Prize Drawing and these rules will be construed in accordance with the laws, jurisdiction, and venue of New York.